- Plan to pick up your cap and gown in the JWCC Bookstore beginning Monday, April 29th during regular hours (Monday-Thursday, 8-6 and Fridays 8-2). They are available for pick up only until May 16th! You may need to press your gown before the ceremony. If you cannot make it in to pick the gown up, please contact me to make other arrangements. The cap and gown is yours to keep and does not need returned. Graduation invitations and DVD's of the ceremony are available now for purchase in the Bookstore.
- Graduation practice will be at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 17th in the Student Activity Center and will last approximately 1 ½ hours. Please make every effort to attend practice. A lunch will follow that will be hosted by the Advancement Office.
- Doors will open at 5:15 p.m. for guest seating. Seating is on a first come, first served basis and no tickets are required. Handicap parking is available in the lower Student Activity Center lot on the west side of the building.
- On Friday evening, graduates should meet outside the JWCC auditorium at 5:45 p.m. We will not have storage for your personal belongings, so we ask that you do not bring anything that you aren’t allowed to carry with you during the ceremony (purses, coats, umbrellas, etc.).
- Formal line-up for the procession will take place at 6:00 p.m. The processional will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- If you are eligible to wear JWCC honor cords, congratulations! You will receive them when you pick up your cap and gown. If you do not bring them with you the evening of graduation and require another set, there will be a $10 fee.
- If you are a Phi Theta Kappa member and wish to wear the organization’s honors stole, you may purchase them from the Bookstore for $26. This is the same cost as the website; however, you won’t have to pay for shipping.
- No other regalia may be worn for ceremonies. If unapproved regalia is worn, you will be asked to remove it immediately.
Any student needing special assistance or reasonable accommodations should contact me no later than May 1st. Our stage is accessible for students with physical disabilities and a sign language interpreter will be present for the ceremony.
Other exciting things:
- Your professional photo will be taken and available for free download! In the past, this has been an additional cost for our students and we are so excited to be able to share this with you. The link may be accessed via our website by June 1.
- Our ceremony will be live streamed via the web for your family and friends who are not able to attend. This link may be accessed via our website.
Questions? Email email@example.com