Counseling Services Provided:
• Initial Consultations: Come see what counseling is all about.
• Group Therapy: Themes subject to change based on need
• Psychoeducational workshops: (Ex: Stress Management, Managing Grief)
Contact counseling office with requests
• Individual mental health counseling
• Couples Therapy: Both must be JWCC students.
• Referrals: Community counselors, medical providers, groups and other supportive services and resources.
*Our counseling services are free and for any student. We help with issues such as:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Relationship issues (friends and/or partners)
- Worries regarding grades/major
- Family issues
- Adjustment to college
- Other mental health issues
- Collaboration with community health professionals
We observe confidentiality rights as required by the American Counseling Association and the state of Illinois. In addition to these guidelines, the Counseling office also advocates for the health and well-being of the college community. We may consult with a site supervisor or a faculty supervisor in order to provide the most effective treatment and to assure the safety and well-being of students. However, no information about you is given to anyone outside of the Counseling Center, including parents, partners, employers, faculty, or other John Wood staff, unless:
(1) We have your written permission.
(2) We believe it is necessary to prevent clear and imminent danger to you or others.
(3) You indicate that there is reasonable cause to believe that a child, dependent adult, or a vulnerable elderly person has been abused.