Credit for Military Experience/Training
JWCC will automatically award 4 hours of college elective credit for basic military training to enrolled students who provide copies of their DD214 to our registrar's office. We also award credit for military training and experience based upon SMART & AARTS transcripts, CLEP, DANTES, DSST, and the ACE Military Guide recommendations. The American Council on Education's (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services has been the standard reference work for recognizing learning acquired in the military for more than half a century.
If you would like to have a SOC evaluation of your academic records by JWCC, please complete the following steps after enrolling in JWCC classes. Please note that you must be an enrolled student at John Wood Community College before the requested SOC evaluation will be completed.
- Print the SOC evaluation request form
- Submit the completed, signed form to JWCC at the address noted below
- Ensure copies of your SMART or AARTS transcript are sent to JWCC
- Have official copies of all prior college or university transcripts sent directly to JWCC
- Submit all CLEP, DANTES, and DSST scores if appropriate
ALL documents should be submitted to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
John Wood Community College
1301 South 48th Street
Quincy, IL 62305.
If you have questions about this process contact the Dean of Enrollment Services at Bonnie Scranton.