To be considered for admittance into the Associates Degree Nursing Program (ADN) the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The following is a list of all nursing prerequisite coursework. A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 in prerequisite math and science courses is required:
BIO 101 General Biology (as required by JWCC Natural Sciences Department )
BIO 275 Anatomy & Physiology I*
BIO 276 Anatomy & Physiology II*
BIO 293 Microbiology*
PSY 111 Life Span
ENG 101 Rhetoric & Composition I
CMN 101 Introduction to Speech
MAT 102 Math for Healthcare Professionals*
- FYE (First Year Experience)
The courses identified with an (*) must be completed before starting courses in the nursing program, and can only be taken twice to achieve a C or higher. In addition, these courses must be taken within 10 years of the application date. Applicants not having all (*) course work completed at the time of acceptance into the nursing program will be required to complete those prerequisites with a C or better prior to the start of the nursing program, maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
2. Candidates qualified to continue in the process will be invited to complete one or more of the following:
A) Incoming students without LPN licensure will be required to complete the following:
- Successfully pass the HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
B) Community LPNs will be required to complete the following.
- Successfully pass the NLN NACE Entrance Exam.
- Submit a copy of your current nursing license.
The NLN NACE & HESI A-2 RN Pre-Admissions Exams may be repeated once per calendar year. The applicant is responsible for all testing fees; the testing fee is non-refundable.
1. Admitted to JWCC through the Admissions office.
2. Nursing Applications are located in the Advising & Retention Office.
Eligibility for admission to the ADN program does not guarantee acceptance. After the initial review of applications, all candidates will receive written notification of their status within the application process. Those selected to continue will be provided additional information.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided or the ADN program, please contact: Michelle Wright in the Advising & Retention office at 217-641-4362, or contact Hollie Perry or Nicole Zulauf, Administrative Specialists, in the Health Sciences Office at 217-641-4551 or 641-4544.