To be considered for admitance into the Associates Degree Nursing Program (ADN)the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 in Science/Support and General Education courses:
- BIO 101 General Biology
- BIO 275 Anatomy & Physiology I*
- BIO 276 Anatomy & Physiology II*
- BIO 293 Microbiology*
- PSY 111 Life Span
- ENG 101 Rhetoric & Composition I
- CMN 101 Introduction to Speech
- MAT 102 Allied Health Math*
- FYE (First Year Experience)
The above courses must be successfully completed prior to beginning the nursing program and can only be taken twice to achieve a C or higher. In addition, the courses identified with an (*) must be taken within 5 years of the application date.
2. Candidates qualified to continue in the process will be invited to complete one or more of the following:
Incoming students without LPN licensure will be required to complete the following:
Successfully pass the HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
Community LPNs will be required to complete the following:
- Successfully pass the NLN NACE Entrance Exam.
- Submit a copy of your current nursing license.
- Official letter signed by your employer, verifying employment for 6 of the last 12 months.
3. A Professional Interview.
The NLN NACE & HESI A-2 RN Pre-Admission Exams may be repeated once per calendar year and is non-refundable.
1. Admitted to JWCC through the Admissions office.
2. Nursing Applications are located in the Advising & Retention Office.
Eligibility for admission to the ADN program does not guarantee acceptance. After the initial review of applications, all candidates will receive written notification of their status in the application process. Those selected to continue will be provided additional information.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided or the ADN program, please contact:
Michelle Wright in the Advising & Retention office at 217-641-4362
Mary Hass, R.N, M.S.N, CNE, Nursing Admissions Coordinator, at 217-641-4542
Hollie Perry, Administrative Specialist, Health Sciences 217-641-4551.