The surgical technologist will have several employment options:
- Hospital Operating and Delivery Rooms
- Emergency Departments
- Central Supply Departments
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers/GI Surgery Centers
- Private Surgical Technologist
- Hospital Materials Managers
- Surgical Sales Representatives
- Surgical Technology Instructor/Director
The Bureau of Labor Statistics state that Surgical Technologist positions are expected to increase by 30% through 2022. The national median hourly wage for Surgical Technologists is approximately $20.14, reflecting an average annual salary of $41,890. Salaries will vary regionally.
Click here to view the 2015 Salary Map available on the The Association of Surgical Technologists website (AST.org).
In the past three years, graduates of the Surgical Technology certificate program have obtained employment on or after graduation. Resulting in a 88% placement rate.
The Surgical Technology Certificate Program has experianced a 77% retention rate for all student entering the program within the past three years.