What is Perkins?
Perkins is a grant in place to grow and support Career and Technical Programs. This includes assisting students that are pursuing an Associate in Applied Science or a Certificate program.
To qualify a student must be enrolled in a qualifying program of study and have ONE of the following special forms of need:
- Economic need
- A documented disability
- A single parent (or pregnant)
- Be in or aged out of foster care
- Youth of a parent on active duty in the armed forces
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Students pursuing a degree non-traditional for their gender (e.g. a male in nursing, or a female in welding)
- Or out of workforce individuals
What does Perkins offer?
Perkins offers assistance in the form of:
- Textbook loans
- Mileage assistance (must qualify)
- Bus passes
- Nursing scrubs and shoes
- Welding kits
- Tutoring (limited)
- Laptop loans (limited supply)