Website Winfield United
Seed, Crop Protection, Ag Technology Tools
Agronomy Research Plot Technician – Summer 2021-Illinois
The WinField United Answer Plot® Program hosts more than 200 agronomic research plots across the country. Plots provide area farmers to see firsthand how seed and crop protection products perform in local fields, allowing them to make decisions for their own operations with confidence. Learn more about how Answer Plots help at www.answerplot.com.
Position Duration: March – September (flexible start and end dates)
• Assist the Answer Plot crews with managing regional plots, including; farm equipment preparation & operation, seed prep, equipment transport, field operations, GIS applications, and some mapping.
• Execute foliar applications with a backpack sprayer, tissue samples, root ratings, stand counts and other metadata collection as necessary.
• Responsible for accurate mixing and application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications.
• In accordance with maintenance schedules, policies, and procedures, assist with equipment maintenance and repairs on legs, conveyors, towers, vehicles, sprayers, floaters, trucks, etc.
• Provide support for warehouse staff with inventory, seed treatments, and other duties as needed.
• Work safely following safety rules, regulations, and personal protective equipment requirements.
• Keep current on agronomic products, trends, and precision agriculture technologies.
Position Competencies and Qualifications:
• Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in an agricultural related major or program but not required.
• General knowledge of corn, soybean, and general crop growth and development. Satisfactory level of technical knowledge in agronomy, ag technology, and crop sciences preferred.
• Basic math skills, attentive to detail, and able to work without direct supervision.
• Ability to obtain a commercial applicator’s license and a Class A commercial driver license.
• Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground.
• Ability to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and stay overnight
• Possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Ability to live near the Springfield, IL area throughout duration of employment.
• Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills.
• Able to explicitly follow directions and proven record of following-through on projects and work duties.
• Manage time and effectively prioritize and implement projects and general work tasks.
• Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal communication skills.
• Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
• Flexible and adapt to changing business surroundings.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.