The Purchasing Specialist is in charge of receiving items for manufacturing/office products and issuing purchase orders with assigned vendors. You will be working with the purchasing manager to establish credit with new vendors, obtain W-9s, ensure on-time deliveries, review daily purchasing reports, and add new vendors to the purchasing system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the purchasing of all material for production, plant maintenance, plant and office supplies, break room supplies, as well as any miscellaneous items.
- Must be able to verify order confirmations while working well with plant personnel.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors.
- Ensure products arrive at Craig Industries on time.
- Responsible for verifying status of orders on the daily purchasing report.
- Must be detail orientated to verify packing slip against purchase orders in order to receive PO’s correctly into the system.
- Responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager for purchasing the buyouts for jobs.
- Responsible for assisting in a monthly physical inventory as needed.
- Responsible for assisting any additional and necessary purchasing functions.
- Must work with Purchasing Manager and Plant personnel to manage supply chain disruptions.
- Must be proficient in computers
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must work well in high pressure situations.
- Technical aptitude is not required, but is helpful.
- A strong work ethic is required.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to time-manage to changing tasks.
- The ability to multi-task is required.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is extremely detail-oriented, efficient and enjoys working with people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.