The Insurance Sales Agent will sell automotive, property, casualty, life, health, and other types of insurance policies and coverage.
- Contacts prospective clients about insurance products and policies.
- Meets with potential clients to discuss adequacy of existing insurance coverage and related financial resources.
- Explains various insurance policies and products to potential and existing clients; guides clients in selecting coverage to best meet their needs.
- Suggests modifications and updates to clients’ existing insurance policies.
- Builds customized insurance policies and packages to meet clients’ needs.
- Processes insurance policy renewals.
- Assists clients with filing insurance claims.
- Maintains print and electronic records and files as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of various insurance products and policies.
- Ability to determine best insurance policy for individual clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills.
- Ability to identify and contact prospective clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Licensed to sell insurance in applicable state.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.