Plan Production Manager / CADD Manager
Benton & Associates, Inc. (B&A) is a consulting engineering and land surveying firm of 35+ employees serving public and private clients throughout Illinois, Missouri, and the greater Midwest. As B&A moves into our 51st year in business, our employee-owned firm is looking to its future as it aggressively recruits both recent graduates and experienced professionals of a variety of backgrounds and skillsets.
B&A is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Plan Production Manager (CADD Manager) position located in Jacksonville, Illinois. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead plan production and 3D modeling efforts on a variety of infrastructure projects including bridges, roads, site development, water treatment and distribution systems, sewer collection and treatment systems and other civil engineering projects.
- Oversee the production of all plans produced at B&A and help implement best practices to elevate the company’s CADD standards.
- Utilize MicroStation and OpenRoads/GEOPAK to proficiently download survey data, develop existing site contours, profiles, horizontal and vertical roadway alignments, cross sections, and develop proposed grading plans.
- Become familiar with emerging CADD and 3D modeling technologies and work with B&A leadership to determine how they can be utilized effectively on projects.
- Mentor staff to produce high quality construction documents, models, and graphics more effectively and efficiently.
- Enact quality control and assurance practices to produce accurate and consistent engineering plans and deliverables.
- Assist all engineers and technologists in plan production as needed in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in CADD-related field (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Civil Engineering or heavy civil construction field.
- Demonstratable experience in developing plans in Microstation and OpenRoads/GEOPAK, or equivalent.
- Ability to document and annotate 2D plans, sections, and details from 3D models.
- Experience and comfort working in a team environment with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet various project deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstratable experience in leading CADD teams, effectively managing project budgets, and mentoring staff in the development of engineering plans.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with GIS systems (ArcGIS, Diamond Maps) in creating maps for municipal infrastructures.
- Experience in topographic surveys and construction staking using GPS and robotic total station equipment.
- Experience with laser scanning and processing the data into 3D models and plans.
- Experience producing roadway plans following IDOT CADD standards.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, and Civil 3D.
Benton & Associates, Inc. strives to offer competitive salaries and performance incentives. Standard benefits for full-time employment include health and life insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts, generous 401k retirement, professional development and training and flexible work scheduling. B&A’s leadership recognizes the value each team member has in the firm’s success and they aim to provide as much financial recognition to those contributions as possible.
Benton & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to the recruitment, selection development, and promotion of all employees on individual merit. We continually seek to build and maintain a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the population we serve. Our practice is to strive to provide equal employment, training, education, mentoring and advancement to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disability. You are welcome to submit your resume at any time for consideration.
How to Apply
Resumes and applications may be submitted by mail to: Reginald Benton, PE Benton & Associates, Inc. 1970 West Lafayette Avenue Jacksonville, Illinois 62650 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Employment applications can be downloaded from our website: