Medical Assistant- Quincy, IL
WeCare tlc is searching for a Certified Medical Assistant to work in an near-site/ on-site clinic in Quincy, IL. Our Medical Assistants provide treatment and personal care services, as directed by a physician or mid-level provider, to patients of all ages.
- Measure vital signs (pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height) and records information into the Electronic Medical Record
- Collect lab specimens (urine, blood, sputum; performs routine laboratory tests as needed)
- Operate electrocardiograph (EKG), glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment, spirometry, audiometry, etc.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examinations
- Keep track of medication inventory
- Order office supplies
- Schedules appointments, tracks referrals, enter results into EMR
- Answers telephone calls, greets patients
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program or an approved state agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Phlebotomy skills and lab specimen processing
- Knowledgeable in minor office procedures
- Ability to focus on patient care, problem-solving, handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate upon experience.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Plan
- Company sponsored health center
WeCare tlc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WeCare tlc does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual preference, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring and promotion practices are performed with regard to the same.
- Medical Assistant: 1 year
How to Apply
Application can be submitted at wecaretlc.com website or send to email@example.com