Work is performed under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for all installation, programming, repairs, and preventive maintenance on production equipment and may also be involved in fabricating new pieces for equipment and is expected to do general troubleshooting on all equipment.
JOB DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment.
- Preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor production lines for problems.
- Assist other maintenance employees with maintenance projects.
- Inspect production line and support equipment for problems.
- Comply with all plant and food safety, HACCP, GMP and sanitation regulations
- Must have knowledge of mechanical equipment, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, refrigeration, forklifts and general building maintenance.
- A minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in Allen Bradley PLC, 440 – 3 phase, 120 volt, running conduit, and troubleshooting electrical problems and production equipment is preferred.
- Previous experience with ammonia refrigeration, beverage production, and packaging equipment would be helpful but not required.
- Must be willing and able to work alone and with others
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision; be a self-starter and dependable.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Work in a safe and controlled manner-by using proper PPE, following all Safety, GMP’s and security guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Monitor condition of equipment for safe operation and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor
- Must be ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read equipment, electrical, and PLC blueprints.
- Must be available for call-in and overtime work whenever necessary and needed.
- Basic Math skills
- Must be willing to travel
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Perform similar or related duties as required