Website Hollister Whitney Elevator Company
Position is responsible for all safety related issues and administration. The EHS Specialist will lead the company’s initiative to develop a strong safety culture and provide a safe work environment. A major goal is to reduce preventable safety related cost while improving the performance and well-being of the workforce.
2. Forklift certification
3. Hazardous Material (Right to Know)
4. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
5. Hearing test
6. Respirator fit test
7. Seat belt
8. Wheel chocks
9. Eyewash stations
10. Appropriate footwear
11. Plant evacuation
This list is not all-inclusive. Other programs may be added as necessary.
Degree in the field of Safety or appropriate discipline preferred
Prefer minimum of three years job related experience
Valid State of Illinois Driver’s License
Prefer certification as an O.S.H.A. Instructor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Familiar with both OSHA and IDOL regulations and requirements
· Knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to perform instruction in a classroom setting
· Ability to organize and maintain records
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
· Ability to work independently with critical thinking skills
Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, climb, walk, bend, twist, push or pull for periods of time; go from a sitting position to a standing position several times per day; stand or sit for a long period of time.
Works in a typical office setting and in a plant production environment. Expected to be consistently reliable and punctual for scheduled work.