Hollister Whitney is looking to fill the position of Warehouse/Inventory Manager, who under the direction of the Sr. Operations Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing all receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations in the Quincy facility. Responsibilities will also include managing production schedules on the shop floor, delivery schedules for truck drivers, and warehouse maintenance schedules. The Warehouse Manager must have a minimum of a high school degree and 5 years of experience in the shipping and receiving environment.
· Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures.
· Maintain physical condition of warehouse with new layouts of racks, adding new product to valid locations, and removing obsolete or replaced items.
· Control all inventory levels by conducting physical cycle counts and reconciling data in Visual ERP system.
· Identify overstock and obsolete material initiate actions to deplete as write off.
· Assess and adjust target inventory levels, safety stock and cycle stock.
· Schedule and assign employees to all needed work to complete warehouse duties. Cross-train staff and follow-up on all work results.
· Receive UPS/FedEx when data entry clerk is off. Input and verify all returns from shop to warehouse, and vendors. Responsible for daily supplier management, communication and trouble shooting.
· Maintain communication with all departments including purchasing to continue a steady work flow to all departments. Maintain communication to management on all issues pertaining to GAL.
· Maintain constant communication with Sanitation on surroundings, and vehicle movement when needed.
· Maintain truck registration and inspections expiration dates. Maintain all maintenance procedures done to delivery trucks and all warehouse equipment
· General office and warehouse environment
· Outdoor shipping and receiving from supplier / customer trucks
· Risk of injury from heavy equipment
· Organization – Creates or maintains processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
· Judgement – Uses sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Makes quick, effective decisions.
· Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
· Project Management – Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets out goals, objectives, and workplans to complete tasks and projects. Determines where work needs to be delegated.
· Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
· Coaching – Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees to encourage and improve individual employee performance and attain organizational objectives.
· Leadership – Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and direction.
· Managing Performance – Identifies employee’s strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
· Results Orientation – Focuses on desired outcomes, and how they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
• High School Diploma required. Associate Degree preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Minimum 5+ years working in a shipping and receiving environment.
• Union experience a plus.
• Strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, multi-task, and handle multiple priorities.
• Must have the physical ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs.
• Knowledge of Inventory Control and Shipping /Receiving Software.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.