A Service Technician is responsible for providing service to our customers while maintaining exceptional customer service. This can include: cleaning, maintenance, visual inspection, and removal of parts and attachments. Installation with the help of proper manuals, report writing, disassembly, assembly, parts reuse evaluation, and reconditioning.
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
- Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction.