Title IX Training Materials
The Title IX Coordinator, Campus Police, and anyone else involved in the receipt of reports of, responding to, investigating or adjudicating alleged incidents of sexual discrimination, harassment or other misconduct, or involved in the referral or provision of services to survivors receive annual education and training on primary prevention, bystander intervention, risk reduction, consent, reporting obligations, investigation procedures, confidentiality requirements, relevant College policies and procedures, retaliation, survivor-centered and trauma-informed response, relevant definitions, and other pertinent topics.
In addition to the above training, individuals who investigate or resolve complaints, including through informal resolutions, receive at least 8 hours of annual training on issues related to Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act offenses including sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking; the scope of the College’s education program or activity; the Title IX and College definitions of sexual harassment; how to serve impartially, including by avoiding prejudgment of the facts at issue, conflicts of interest, and bias; and how to conduct the College’s grievance process. Hearing Officers in particular receive training on any technology to be used at live hearings and on issues of relevance of questions and evidence, including when questions and evidence about the complainant’s sexual predisposition or prior sexual behavior are not relevant. Investigators in particular receive training on issues of relevance so as to enable them to create an investigative report that fairly summarizes relevant evidence.
JWCC’s Title IX Coordinator, Deputy Coordinator and Investigator have received formal training through ATIXA.
Additional training completed by JWCC’s Title IX Coordinator, Deputy Coordinator and Investigator are as follows:
- Title IX Coordinator Level 1 Training Documents
- Robbins Schwartz Training August 2020
- Tracy Orne, Title IX Coordinator – Coordinator Level One Certificate of Completion
- Dana Keppner, Title IX Deputy Coordinator Coordinator Level One Certificate of Completion, Title IX & Response to Sexual Misconduct Certificate of Completion, Coordinator & Investigator Training Certificate of Completion, Coordinator & Investigator Training Certificate of Completion, Coordinator & Investigator Training Certificate of Completion
- Bill LaTour, Title IX Investigator – Investigator Level Two Certificate of Completion, Investigations One Day Training; Trauma Informed Response to Sexual Assault Abuse Refresher Certificate