John Wood Community College provides an e-mail address for students, faculty and staff members. This will allow students and faculty the ability to communicate electronically. All students attending JWCC are provided an email address that they can access from any computer on campus by using Microsoft Outlook or from an off-campus computer by using Outlook Web App.
How do I get my email address and password?
- You can get your email address and password online the first time you log into the SOLAR System
- You can receive your email address and password during business hours from the Help Desk located on the lower level of the Learning Center.
- If you attend the Pittsfield campus, contact Cheryl Weinant.
- If you attend the Perry campus, contact Michelle Long.
- If you attend the Mt. Sterling campus, contact Jeanne Yingling.
- If you are at a different campus, or if you are a distant learning student, ask your instructor. You may also call the Help Desk at 217.641.4325.
How do I access my email?
- From any JWCC computer, login using your username and password.
- Click on Start
- Click on Email (Outlook 2013)
- Outlook 2013 will open and you will have access to your JWCC email.
Remember to log off the computer when you are finished!
- From any internet browser, browse to the main JWCC Page (http://www.jwcc.edu)
- Click on "BlazerNet icon" and login using your email information
- Click on "Login to Email" link on the left hand side
- You will be taken to your email account where you can read and compose messages
Remember to log out and close your browser when you are finished!
For more information about OWA (Outlook Web App), click here.
It keeps asking for username and password, even though I've entered the correct information!
- Click here to bring up the password change dialog box.
- Log into your email account
- Click on Change your password
- OLD PASSWORD: Your current password
NEW PASSWORD: What you'd like the new password to be
CONFIRM NEW PASSWORD: Retype the new password
- Select "OK", and your password should be changed.
If you encounter any difficulties in this process, please contact the Help Desk at 217.641.4325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can't remember my username/password!
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Reset Password Portal, located at https://gates.jwcc.edu:2222/ .
Before you can reset your password from the password reset portal, you will need to register your password by going to the Register Password Portal, located at https://gates.jwcc.edu:5555/.
If you have forgotten your Email username, you must bring a photo ID to the Information Technology office in room B024 at the Main Campus during business hours (8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays).
I can't send\receive emails. It says mailbox is full!
Students at John Wood Community College have a 50GB limit on their mailbox. This includes, but not limited to the following folders: inbox, sent items, and deleted items. The best way to clean up your mailbox is to login to any computer on campus and open Outlook. From there, you can easily delete multiple emails. You will also want to empty the deleted items folder every so often. If you need assistance, please stop by the Help Desk.